Reporting to the SSRA Management Committee, the General Manager will oversee and be responsible for the management of the organisation’s financial, physical and human resources, with particular emphasis on the development of the organisation’s profile and prominence within the sports industry. All of these should be done in alignment with the NSA’s Multi Year Sports Plan (MYSP).
General Description of Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop an appropriate organization and functional structure needed to support SSRA’s overall operational needs, determine the broad strokes of each functional role in respect to their interrelated links using the following at a functional level matrix of (1) Objectives, (2) Goals, (3) Strategies, (4) Measurables and (5) sub-structures, if needed.
- Prepare a four-year plan and annual operational plan in accordance with the requirements of SportSG, as and where it is required.
- Ensure that all operations and procedures conform to the prevailing governance regulations, policies and guidelines of which the organization is subjected to.
- Responsible for the timely submission of reports and quality business information to SportSG as and when it is required.
- Oversees the development, completion and implementation of the annual operating budget for each department.
- Development of staff functional growth path (ascension planning)
- Prepare and appraise annual KPIs, and monitor staff development for all staff.
- Equip staff with appropriate equipment to ensure optimum operational readiness
- Lead public relation strategy to enhance the image and reputation of SSRA.
- Oversees the development and implementation of the annual marketing plan and initiates necessary adjustments throughout the year to maximize the benefit of the marketing efforts.
- Set up and monitor the effectiveness of communication channels to ensure that the Management Committee (MC), sub-committees, staff and stakeholders of the sport are kept informed of SSRA activities.
Other duties commensurate with the level of the post, as determined by SSRA.
This job description is not to be regarded as exclusive or exhaustive. It is intended as an outline indication of the areas of activity and will be amended in the light of the changing needs of SSRA.
- Bachelor’s Degree. Diploma holders with more years of relevant experience may also be considered.
- Demonstrate knowledge in planning and possess good organisation skills.
- Experience in managing a budget and a team.
- Strong communicator in both written and oral English.
- Good inter-personal skills to engage with stakeholders.
- Relevant experience in events management will be an added advantage.
- Have passion for sports and working with athletes
Only Singaporeans and Permanent Residents will be considered.
Employment type : Full-time, Contract.
Log on to mycareersfuture to apply.
Marketing and Communications Manager
Be a part of a movement to put Singapore Squash (SGSquash) on the world squash map! With exciting events lined up in our calendar, we are looking for an individual passionate about marketing squash and increasing the exposure of the sport to local and international audiences.
Reporting to the SSRA General Manager or PR and Events Manager, the Marketing and Communications Manager is responsible for the successful planning and coordination of all marketing and outreach initiatives. In addition, the Marketing and Communications Manager oversees the production of collateral materials, manages SGSquash’s online presence and assists with organisational planning project, ensuring operational excellence so as to bolster the SSRA Management Committee in its endeavour to evolve Singapore Squash, in concert with developing the organisation’s prominence, locally and regionally.
- Develop, implement and evaluate the marketing and communications strategies of SSRA in line with the objectives of the Organisation.
- Raise awareness and public profile of SSRA to relevant stakeholders and public.
- Manage the Marketing budget and perform all financial due diligence throughout the yea; prepare detailed budgets with the SSRA General Manager or PR and Events Manager.
- Work with the SSRA sub-committees to develop marketing plans for all campaigns and events in line with SSRA objectives.
- Work with external PR agencies to deliver events that are in line with the Marketing strategy and SSRA objectives.
- Monitor, track and optimise performances of campaigns according to key performance metrics and improve on audience engagement on all platforms.
- Ensure all marketing and communications materials are filed in a systematic and timely manner.
- Build and manage good relationships with the local and international media.
- Pitch for stories and coverage of SSRA events in line with Marketing strategy.
- Lead, manage and grow all SSRA’s social media platforms (Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, Telegram).
- To grow SSRA’s reach to local and international stakeholders and audiences.
- Develop pre and post-event content and press releases.
- Draft speeches and content for the SSRA Management Committee as and when required.
- Assist with handling internal and external communications, particularly with important stakeholders within the Singapore Sports eco-system.
- Field and prioritise inbound press queries and media requests.
Other duties commensurate with the level of the post shall be further determined by the SSRA, where applicable.
This job description is not to be regarded as exclusive, or exhaustive. It is intended to serve as a synopsis of the scope of work, and shall be amended accordingly, based upon the changing needs of the SSRA.
- Diploma or degree, preferably in Marketing, Mass Communications, Public Relations or related discipline.
- Minimum 2 years of relevant experience, preferably honed in the sports industry (for example, National Sports Associations, recreation clubs, commercial sports brands).
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English. Knowledge of an additional language would be an added advantage.
- Able to multi-task and work independently in a fast paced environment.
- Conversant with social media platforms, with a passion for keeping abreast of related trends.
- Computer literate in MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, Power Point); desk-top publishing will be an added advantage.
- Possess resourcefulness and acute analytical skills, with a keen eye for detail.
- Meticulous, and understands the importance of excellent organisation skills.
- Perceptive and adaptable, with an ability to relate to people at all levels, both internally and externally, including sponsors, community partners and government officials.
- Enjoy a strong and active interest in sports.
Interested applicants please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. We regret only shortlisted applicants will be notified.